◤Please read the membership rules carefully
Anyone who uses this membership card (“Member”) will be considered to have accepted the terms and conditions herein. Hence, if you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this membership card. While we make our utmost effort to provide accurate and up-to-date information on the eslite Malaysia website, the terms and conditions can be amended by “eslite Spectrum Malaysia SDN BHD”.
◤Terms and conditions
I、Application for eslite membership card
1. Application and approval for eslite membership card and renewal eligibility are established and announced to the public by eslite Spectrum Malaysia SDN BHD. (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our”, or “us”). When applying for a membership card through one of our online or offline channels (including but not limited to the mobile app), the applicant should check and read carefully the terms and conditions, privacy disclosure, user rules and other rules (hereinafter referred collectively as “Terms and Conditions”). The applicant should also provide all information required in the application and complete the application procedure through one of our designated online or offline channels. By accessing any of the membership benefits, an applicant will be considered to have read, understood, and agreed to all of the Terms and Conditions.
2. Where an applicant is ineligible for application or approval or does not provide complete information, we may decline to accept the application or issue the card. Where we, after a membership card is issued, discover that the applicant is ineligible for application or approval or the applicant has provided false information, we have the right to terminate the card and void the applicant’s eligibility of his/her membership and related benefits.
1. “White card membership” does not expire. The effective period of “Gold card membership” and “Black card membership” are from the issue (or upgrade) date to the end of the twelfth month.
2. White card membership can be upgraded to Gold card membership after the member’s cumulative spending across the online and offline channels specified by us reaches a certain threshold. Gold card membership can be upgraded to Black card membership after the member’s cumulative spending across the online and offline channels specified by us reaches a certain threshold while the member holds Gold card membership.
3. Where a member’s cumulative spending or number of purchases does not reach our specified threshold, the cumulative spending and purchase amount will be reset to zero and the membership tier will be adjusted accordingly. eslite Points collected during the effective period of a membership card will be retained until their expiration dates.
III、 An applicant will become immediately a cardholder when a membership number is issued (by us). When accessing any of the card benefits, a cardholder shall show the digital membership card on the eslite MY app or provide the mobile number for identity verification at the staff’s request. However, we and our affiliated enterprises and vendors may require a cardholder to show an original identification document for identity verification. If a cardholder refuses such a request/requirement, we and our affiliated enterprises and vendors can decline the cardholder’s request to access the benefits.
IV、 Membership eligibility and related benefits (and those associated with cumulative spending) cannot be transferred or loaned to any third party. Please keep the username and password for the eslite MY app safe. We will not be held responsible for unauthorized access of any membership benefits.
V、 Where a cardholder builds up cumulative spending or points by dishonest means, duplicates/fakes a membership card, or violates the Terms and Conditions and latest membership rules in any way, we may immediately terminate all benefits for the cardholder and terminate the membership card and void membership eligibility.
VI、 Any void membership card in circulation is considered expired and cannot be used to sign in the eslite MY app to access any of the membership benefits.
VII、To protect the rights of our cardholders in case of irregularities in our computer or IT system, we have the right to suspend purchase history, redemption, and inquiry for cards until the irregularities are resolved.
VIII、Members agree that we (and our affiliated enterprises, which are not limited to those in Malaysia) may send marketing messages (SMS) and e-letters or product information (eDM) to the mobile phone numbers and emails entered by the members into our system. However, when a member indicates to opt out of marketing, we (and our affiliated enterprises, which are not limited to those in Malaysia) will stop sending marketing messages.
IX、 Members agree that we (and our affiliated enterprises, which are not limited to those in Malaysia) may send benefit news (SMS or eDM) from time to time. If a member declines benefit updates, we may void the cardholder’s eligibility and related benefits.
X、 Cardholders should update information in the eslite MY app if any changes. Where a cardholder does not update the correct information and subsequently misses benefit updates, offers, promotion news and other information or notice of change or termination of cardholder benefits, offers, or promotions, the cardholder agrees that under such circumstances he/she will be considered to have received said information or notice.
XI、 We reserve the right to approve, renew, terminate, and void membership cards and the right to amend, modify, or terminate cardholder benefits, offers, promotions, and related services at any time. Cardholders agree that we may amend or modify the Terms and Conditions of membership card at any time and such changes will become effective after being announced in our stores or on our website or sent via individual notices to cardholders a certain period before such amendment or modification. Cardholders agree that the aforesaid announcements can be made in lieu of individual notices. Cardholders who do not agree with any such amendment or modification should notify the eslite customer service center by telephone or email so to allow both parties to discuss the matter in detail. Cardholders agree that they will be considered to have agreed to such amendment or modification if they do not notify us within the period specified above. Please refer to store bulletins or the official website for the latest membership rules, benefits, offers, identification symbols, affiliated vendors, promotions and related information regarding the card. We, to the extent permitted by law, will make updates or amendments from time to time, and the latest shall prevail.
XII、It is prohibited for anyone to use a membership card and related rules in any illegal activities. We will take legal action against any violation.
XIII、If you have any questions about use of the membership card, please contact our customer service center 03-20380368
XIV、If any part of the Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid, it shall not affect the validity of the rest of the Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions, cardholder rules and related rules apply only to our offices in Malaysia and those of our affiliated enterprises or our authorized third parties.
XV、The Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia and in the jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
◤Online Service Agreement
To facilitate provision of online membership services (hereinafter referred to as “Online Services”) by eslite Spectrum Malaysia SDN BHD. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) and affiliated enterprises (including but not limited to eslite Corporation, eslite Spectrum Corporation, eslite Logistics Co. Ltd., and eslite Hospitality Corporation), please read carefully the Online Service Agreement when accessing any of the Online Services provided by the Company and affiliated enterprises. By starting to access the Online Services, you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the entire Online Service Agreement and you are also deemed to have confirmed that you have read carefully and agreed to the disclosure and terms and conditions of personal information protection. Please do not sign up and please stop using the online services immediately if you do not agree to all or part of the Online Service Agreement.
I、Rights and obligations
(I) Members are able to use the online platform (including but not limited to the eslite MY app) to inquire about personal purchase history (including expiration, points, and purchase details) and to access online-only services such as updating personal information in real time and participating in online promotions.
(II) Parents or guardians shall have the responsibility to raise, protect and educate minors in their care. If you are under 20 or with diminished capacity according to the applicable laws and regulations, you must read this special provision while accompanied by one of your parents (father, mother, or guardian) and not access the online service until your parent has read, understood and agreed to this special provision. By your accessing the online service, your parent is deemed to have read, understood and agreed to everything in this special provision.
(III) Members should take responsibility to keep their own usernames and passwords confidential and secure. eslite members are responsible for their use of username and password and related conduct and shall be held solely liable for all consequences. In addition, eslite members agree to the following:
1.Please notify the Company’s customer service center immediately of any unauthorized use of username or password or any other security issue.
2.Usernames, passwords and related information shall not be disclosed, leaked or provided to any third party or used by any third party.
3.Except in the case of unauthorized access, all actions involving the use of a username and password to enter the Company’s and affiliated enterprises’ websites or access the Online Services, including but not limited to inquiry, search, browsing, updating personal information, and participating in events as well as accessing purchase history and purchasing goods or services, shall be considered as the user’s own actions. No one shall use another person’s username or password to access the Online Services. Anyone who violates this provision and becomes involved in any criminal activity or infringement on another person’s rights shall be held solely liable for any legal consequences.
4.Usernames, passwords and online benefits are for the personal use and enjoyment of eslite members and shall not be transferred, loaned or provided to any third party in any way or shared in any way.
(IV) Members shall not use the Online Services for any illegal purposes or by any illegal means and shall comply with the laws of Malaysia and international regulations regarding the Internet. Members who access the Online Services from outside Malaysia shall also comply with the local regulations of the country or region. Members shall not use the Online Services in any activity which infringes on the rights of another, including but not limited to the following:
1.distribute or transmit any defamatory, insulting, threatening, aggressive, offensive, indecent, or false content or any content in violation of public order or good customs or containing illegal text, image, or file of any form.
2.infringe on another’s reputation, privacy, trade secret, trademark, copyright, patent, other intellectual property rights, and other rights.
3.violate the duty of confidentiality as required by law or a contract.
4.access the Online Services while impersonating another.
5.transmit or distribute computer virus.
6.send bulk spams.
7.any other behavior deemed inappropriate by eslite with cause.
(V) If a member uses the Online Services in activities or criminal activities or any illegal act which infringes on the rights of another, the member shall be solely liable for any legal consequence. The Company and affiliated enterprises will revoke membership eligibility immediately and ban the member permanently from accessing the Online Services, and will claim all damages incurred as a result, including but not limited to damage to reputation, court fees and legal fees.
II、 Change of Online Services
Members agree that the Company and affiliated enterprises may amend, change, modify or terminate the Online Services or the Online Service Agreement at any time, and an amendment or change may come into effect without individual notices to the members after being announced on the Company’s and affiliated enterprises’ websites 30 days prior to the amendment or change. The rights and obligations of members regarding the Company and affiliated enterprises arising from participating in events hosted by the Company and affiliated enterprises or accessing the Online Services shall be as provided in the latest version of this Online Service Agreement. If a member does not agree to any such amendment of change, the member shall notify the Company and affiliated enterprises in writing so to allow both parties to discuss the matter in detail. Consent will be deemed to have been given in the absence of any such notice before the deadline.
III、 Suspension or termination of Online Services
In case of irregularities in the computer or IT systems of the Company and affiliated enterprises, the Company and affiliated enterprises have the right to suspend the Online Services until the irregularities are resolved.
IV、 Protection of intellectual property rights
1. The intellectual property rights associated with the software or programs and website contents, including but not limited to works, images, files, data, information, site infrastructure, page layout, and web design, used by the Company and affiliated enterprises are the property of the Company or used with the consent or authorization of the right holders. Such rights shall not be used in any way by any one, including the member him/herself, without prior written consent and authorization of the Company and affiliated enterprises or right holders. Any violation will result in immediate revocation of membership and a permanent ban on access to the Online Services. Claims will also be made to recover all damages incurred as a result, including but not limited to damage to reputation, court fees and legal fees.
2. Members or any third parties who discover infringement on the intellectual property rights of the Company or other right holders are encouraged to report such infringement to the Company’s and affiliated enterprises’ customer service centers (customer service hotline: 03-20380368) to facilitate the appropriate response.
◤Confidentiality of Personal Data
As an administrator of personal data, Eslite Spectrum Malaysia SDN BHD. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) will make announcements and disclose the following information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as “the PDPA”).
1. Name of personal data administrator
Eslite Spectrum Malaysia SDN BHD.
Regarding personal data, the Company will follow the applicable regulations and other rules and the Company’s own regulations to ensure everyone working at the Company fully understands the policy and handles personal data in an appropriate way.
3. Appropriate collection
When personal data are collected, the purpose will be conveyed by notice to a specific audience or announced to the public. In addition, personal data will be collected and used only where necessary.
4. Purposes of using personal data
The purposes of using personal data are as follows.
(1) to provide sale of goods and services related to the shopping mall business model.
(2) to distribute information on new products, new services, special offers, and events related to the shopping mall business model.
(3) inquiries and document requests from members
(4) to build up data needed to provide a basis for analysis of statistics in market surveys, business management, and member spending preferences.
(5) to reflect member feedback on improvement and requests for improvement of products and services related to shopping mall operation.
(6) to take measures including organizing prize draws, notifying prize winners, providing products and prizes, and organizing and managing events.
(7) to communicate about discovery of items, request for maintenance, and other personal inquiries and communication.
(8) to fulfill the Company’s obligations, exercise rights, and make related responses.
(9) member satisfaction surveys. Your feedback will be used to help improve the quality of products and services. Questionnaires will also request cooperation in order to improve product and service quality and distribute mail and messages.
(10) establish records of member requests.
5. Accuracy of personal data
After collecting personal data from you, the Company will make best effort to keep them correct and up to date.
6. Prohibition of distribution to third party
Your personal data shall not be provided or disclosed to any third party, except under the following circumstances.
(1) with your prior consent.
(2) where a person’s life, body or property may be threatened and your consent is difficult to obtain.
(3) where otherwise required by law.
7. Commission of third party
When a third party is commissioned to use personal data, the third party should be reviewed with respect to its security control in practice in order to determine whether the commission is appropriate. A confidentiality agreement should be entered with the third party before such commission in order to monitor the third party as appropriate.
8. Anonymized data
Regarding personal data provided and entered by members (e.g. age, sex, occupation, and address) and spend history, the Company may use these data after anonymizing these data so that they cannot be used to identify members. The methods of use include but are not limited to providing information to members, analyzing, studying and analyzing data, preparing member information related data, providing information to third parties or businesses, conducting market surveys, and developing new services. In addition, the use of anonymized data should not be subject to any restriction.
9. Supply to third parties outside Malaysia
To fulfill the 10 purposes of using personal data above, the Company will provide personal data to its affiliated enterprises in Taiwan (including Eslite Corporation, Eslite Spectrum Corporation, Eslite Logistics Co. Ltd., Eslite Foundation, and Eslite Hospitality Corporation).
10. Shared use
The Company will, where it is necessary for the purpose of collection, provide personal data of members to its affiliated enterprises in Taiwan for shared use in the scope described below with your consent.
(1) personal data for cross marketing, including name, birthdate, sex, contact information (address, telephone number, and email), member feedback and inquiries, spend history and other shared use where necessary.
(2) The scope of cross marketing partners covers The Company’s affiliated enterprises in Taiwan include Eslite Corporation, Eslite Spectrum Corporation, Eslite Logistics Co. Ltd., Eslite Foundation, and Eslite Hospitality Corporation.
(3) Purpose of cross marketing: to provide you with offers from the Company or affiliated enterprises, products, services or events and related latest updates; and to manage membership data effectively or conduct satisfaction and spend analysis and surveys.
(4) Cross marketing administrator: Eslite Corporation.
*Change of cross marketing partners: The Company’s cross marketing partners may change due to merger, acquisition, or addition of partners.
11. Security control measures for personal data
Best effort is made to take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent illegal access, leakage, and destruction or damage of personal data and security control of other personal data.
12. Improvement measures
The Company makes best effort to respond correctly to personal data related changes in society and in the environment. When necessary, the Company will improve the policy and related rules by making change, modification, and supplement.
13. Response to request for disclosure or change
To make a request to limit the processing of, access or correct, your personal data, or to make queries or complaints in respect of your personal data, please inquire by contacting customer service by the method described in Section 16.
14. Handling of customer complaints
Regarding personal data complaints, the Company makes best effort to respond in an appropriate and timely manner.
15. Exercise of rights
You may exercise the following rights with regard to the Company or affiliated enterprise via the Eslite Spectrum Malaysia website. Unless otherwise provided by law, the Company or affiliated enterprise will not refuse such request and may charge the cost as needed.
(1) inquire or request to view your personal data.
(2) make and provide a copy of your personal data.
(3) correct your personal data.
(4) withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
(5) prevent processing of your personal data likely to cause damage or distressdecline to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
16. Customer service contact method
Eslite Spectrum Malaysia website (URL: https://www.eslite.com.my/)
Designation : Customer Service
Contact No. : 03-20380368
Email : email@example.com
17. Sources of personal data
We collect your personal data from eslite MY APP.
In accordance with local data protection laws, this document is issued in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, it is necessary for you to provide the types of personal data described herein, in order for us to process your personal data for any of the purposes stated in this document. If you do not consent to provide personal data or delete or terminate the collection, processing, use or international transmission of your personal data, you understand that the Company or the Company’s affiliated enterprises and partners (e.g. retail counters) may be unable to determine membership eligibility and complete related processes or provide you with a full range of services or must proceed to terminate the membership card. We apologize for the inconvenience.
(Effective on 2022/12/01)